Monday, April 30, 2012

Day Número UNO

So here I am. Starting all over. I just deleted almost 300 old posts. 300 of em. I'm embarking on a new journey of sorts. A new "old" journey. Heading back home to a place I never wanted to leave. Key West. I'll be starting out Wednesday morning. I've taken many road trips over the last 10 years, this one though is gonna be much lighter. Lighter by one. No companion...Check that, no human companion. I got my faithful canine companions, LuLu and Rocco.
For those of you who don't know after almost 10 years with one person, that person has left me and I am heading back to Key West on a mission. A mission of community service, work, and healing. The healing part may be tricky. I don't really know what's broken, other than my heart. But lot's of people survive from broken hearts right? So, what needs healing? Well, there's something about Key West that heals the soul, the spirit and the mind. A short time away really messes that up. It's funny how you can slip back into the "mainland" way of thinking and shortsightedness. Road rage. Hatred. Anger. Even a little bit of racism sneaks back in, I'm ashamed to say....You can't help it, it's all around you. The regular garden variety and the very tricky reverse racism. I don't want any part of it. Any of it. The anger, hatred, none of it. I want to free my mind and let it all go. I'm not sure I can do it, but I sure was a helluva lot closer before than now.
What can I tell you about me? Well, I'm 41 years old and my life is a reality TV show. I know what you're thinking, everyone says that, but seriously mine really is. Who else do you know while walking their dog gets accosted by a drunk lady and struck 4 times because said dogs walked on her lawn? Not shit on her lawn mind you...just walked on it? Who else do you know can get hit by a car while riding his bike and then yelled at by the paramedic "WHAT ARE YOU DRUNK??!!"? Who else do you know can be told by a retail store employee to bring back an item without a receipt only to have the store manager call the cops on you because you don't have a receipt when you get to that same store? I mean seriously! And this hasn't just started. That last one? 1999! Yea, Fun! All true, by the way.
A reality TV show. I mean cameras should have been following me around since birth like The Truman Show, it would be the biggest hit on TV. A real laugh riot!
So anyway, single, 41, gay, bipolar, high blood pressure, diabetic, and funny?! Great what a combo! I'm sure if they accepted gay profiles (maybe they do) on match dot com, mine would be a real hit. The kind that people would print up and make copies of to show all their friends or show their kids and say, "this is the kinda guy you DON'T want to end up like, Billy. So pay attention in school". Whatever.
I am going to try to post once a day. Hopefully it'll be good. Interesting. Funny. Whatever. There's always my Facebook and Twitter which are like diarrhea for me head, but this I'm going to use a little differently. Just once a day. See how it goes. See ya tomorrow.