Tuesday, May 1, 2012

AYSM?

Do you know what that stands for? It should be on T shirts! AYSM? Not WWJD or Shit Happens or Have a Nice Day. AYSM? The question mark is important by the way. AYSM? It's an acronym for something I say no less than....40 to 50 times a day, easy. Are.You.Shittin.Me? It's perfect in it's simplicity. Not just a question but a grandiose statement punctuated with a question mark. Are you shittin me can also be used with a question AND an exclamation point. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend it. I highly recommend exclamation points on almost anything. It's sort of like when the waitress at olive garden asks you every single time some different food comes to the table if you'd like her to grate some cheese on it....uh, yes! because everything is better with cheese AND with exclamation points. Now, I have already while writing this very blog have used AYSM? 5 times...ALREADY! fantastic. If no one is around it's sort of a great question to the universe as in, why are you fucking with ME?! Try it. Jump on the AYSM?! band wagon, you'll love it. So, Tomorrow is driving day. I begin my arduous journey back home to Key West. It's a little under 1600 miles and there's a whole lot of suck involved. Pennsylvania sucks. Everyone knows that. It just seems to take forever. That's what all NY'ers say. Ny'ers have no idea what takes long until they see that WELCOME TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA sign and then about a day later arrive in KW. THAT'S taking a long time to get through a state. Whatever happened to those flying cars by 2000? Anyway, I'll start about 9 or 10, avoid rush hour. Drive as much as I can in one day, probably 800-1000 miles which should put me pretty damn close to FLA. Maybe S.C or GA. even. Spend the night at some budget motel and then after my free bagel and watery OJ, we'll be on our way Thursday morning for a VERY long final stretch into the florida keys and KW. That last day truly is arduous because it just never ends. It's beautiful of course, but so so long. Today however was a good day of sorts because my Momma was here and any day with Momma in it can't be all bad. Even a day spent partially still on the phone with AT&T trying to get a payment posted so you can get your cell phone in your own name instead of the family plan. (that was another 2 hours today...at least) Momma still is a pretty tough chic. She has never been afraid of work and she got right to it today. She helped a lot. No one like Mom. I'm a lucky boy. Then it was off to a little late lunch. and that was nice also. I must say when we said our final good byes, there where no tears between us, because I asked her not to, but once she was gone, I felt deep sadness. I felt truly alone. A deep deep feeling of loneliness overcame me for quite awhile...still kinda there. I don't know, hard to explain. I know I have many many friends and lots of love and support and people pulling for me, but when the day is done, and you're standing there all by yourself amongst strangers at the laundry-mat, it doesn't get a whole helluva lot more lonely. Ya know, people always say things like "you're never alone" and "you have a lot of friends", but I always feel alone. Rock stars (not that I am remotely comparing my self to a rock star) have the same problem. Play in front of 50,000 people every night. Have millions of adoring fans and are crippled with loneliness. Boy, did I feel it tonight. No one there but me and my lonely. After having spent the last 10 years with someone, the loneliness is going to be the hardest to adjust to maybe. It was always what I was most afraid of and still am. OK. Nuff of that. Tomorrow is another day! Moving on, bigger and brighter. Going home. Talk later.